FCoV Antigen Rapid Test Cassette (Ascites/Hydrothorax), qualitative detection of feline corona virus antigen
FCoV Antigen Rapid Test Cassette (Ascites/Hydrothorax) is a sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of feline corona virus antigen (FCoV Ag) in feline’s ascites or hydrothorax.
FCoV Antigen Rapid Test Cassette is based on sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test cassette has a testing window. The testing window has an invisible T (test) zone and C (control) zone. When sample is applied into the sample well on the cassette, the liquid will laterally flow on the surface of the test strip. If there is enough feline corona virus antigens in the sample, a visible T line will appear. The C line should always appear after a sample is applied, indicating a valid result. By this means, the cassette can accurately indicate the presence of feline
corona virus antigen in the sample.
STORAGE AND STABILITY
Store as packaged in the sealed pouch either at room temperature or refrigerated (2-30 °C). The test is stable through the expiration date printed on the sealed pouch. The test cassette must remain in the sealed pouch until use. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not use beyond the expiration date.
• Test Cassettes
• Extraction tube with buffer
• Package insert
Materials Required but Not Provided
• Centrifuge (if necessary).
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Allow the test cassette, specimen, buffer, and/or controls to equilibrate to room temperature (15-30 °C) prior to testing.
1. Collect about 500 μL of fresh ascites or hydrothorax samples, and ensure that the samples cannot be turbid or precipitated. If sticky tissue samples are present, centrifugation is recommended to get the supernatant or liquid portion.
2. Remove the cover of the tube containing the buffer.
3. Add 3 drops of fresh ascites or hydrothorax samples to the tube with the dropper.
4. Tighten the cap onto the specimen extraction tube and turn the solution upside down 4-5 times to thoroughly mix the solution well. Then unscrew the small cap.
5. Remove the test cassette from the sealed foil pouch and use it within one hour. Best results will be obtained if the test is performed immediately after opening the foil pouch.
6. Invert the extraction tube and add 4 drops of sample extraction (approx.100 μL) to the specimen well(S) and then start the timer.
7. Wait for the colored line(s) to appear. Read the result at 10 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 15 minutes
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Positive: The presence of both C line and T line, no matter T line is clear or vague.
Negative: Only clear C line appears.
Invalid: No colored line appears in C zone, no matter whether T line appears.
|FCoV Antigen Rapid Test