A rapid, one step screening Alcohol (ALC) test for the semi-quantitative detection CE certified
|Alcohol (ALC) Rapid Test Cassette
The Urine Alcohol Rapid Test is a rapid, highly sensitive method to detect the presence of alcohol in urine and provide an approximation of relative blood alcohol concentration.
This test provides a preliminary screen only. A more specific alternate chemical method must be used in order to obtain a confirmed analytical result. Clinical consideration and professional judgment should be applied to any test screen result, particularly when preliminary positive screens are indicated.
Two-thirds of all adults drink alcohol.¹ The blood alcohol concentration at which a person becomes impaired is variable dependent upon the individual. Each individual has specific parameters that affect the level of impairment such as size, weight, eating habits and alcohol tolerance. Inappropriate consumption of alcohol can be a contributing factor to many accidents, injuries, and medical conditions.
How to use?
【DIRECTIONS FOR CASSETTE USE】
Allow the pouched cassette to equilibrate to room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. Remove the cassette from the sealed pouch and use it within 1 hour.Observe the reactive pad on the central window of the cassette. If the reaction pad has a blue color before applying urine sample, do not use.
2. Place the cassette on a clean and level surface. Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 3 full drops of urine (approximately 120μL) to thespecimen well of the cassette, and then start the timer. Avoid trapping air bubbles in the specimen well. See illustration below.
3. Read the results in 3-5 minutes. Compare the color of the reaction pad and standard color card to determine the relative blood alcohol concentration.
【STORAGE AND STABILITY FOR PANEL】
The Urine Alcohol Rapid Test Panel is to be stored at 2-30°C (36-86°F) in its sealed foil package. Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Remove the test panel from the sealed pouch and use it within one hour.
1. Remove the cap.
2. With the arrow pointing toward the urine specimen, immerse the test panel vertically in the urine specimen for at least 10 to 15 seconds. Immerse the dipstick to at least the level of the wavy lines, but not above the arrow on the test panel.
3. Replace the cap and place the test panel on a non-absorbent flat surface.
4. Start the timer and wait for the results within 3-5 minutes to read. Compare the color of the reaction pad and standard than color card to determine the relative blood alcohol concentration.
【DIRECTIONS FOR DIPSTICK USE】
Allow the pouched dipstick to equilibrate to room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. Collect the urine in the collection cup provided.
2.Open the foil package and remove the test dipstick. Observe the reactive pad on the middle of the test dipstick. If the reaction pad shows the blue color before applying urine sample, do not use.
3.Immerse the test dipstick vertically in the urine specimen for at least 15 seconds. Start timer immediately after urine application.
4.Read the result in 3-5 minutes. Compare the color of the reaction pad and standard color card to determine the relative blood alcohol concentration.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Positive: The Urine Alcohol Rapid Test Dipstick will produce a color change in the presence of urine alcohol. The color will range from light blue color at 0.02% relative blood alcohol concentration to a dark blue color near 0.30% relative blood alcohol concentration. Color pads are provided within this range to allow an approximation of relative blood alcohol concentration. The test may produce colors that appear to be between adjacent color pads.
NOTE: The Urine Alcohol Rapid Test Dipstick is very sensitive to the presence of alcohol. A blue color that is lighter than the 0.02% color pad should be interpreted as being positive to the presence of alcohol in urine but less than 0.02% relative blood alcohol.
Negative: When the Urine Alcohol Rapid Test Dipstick shows no color change this should be interpreted as a negative result indicating that alcohol has not been detected.
Invalid: If the color pad has a blue color before applying urine sample, do not use the test.
NOTE: A result where the outer edges of the color pad produces a slight color but the majority of the pad remains colorless the test should be repeated to ensure complete saturation of the pad with urine. The test is not reusable.
|Alcohol (ALC) Rapid Test Cassette
|Alcohol (ALC) Rapid Test Panel
|Alcohol (ALC) Rapid Test Dipstick